Introduction For Gaviscon Liquid
- Gaviscon liquid contains alginate compound in it which acts as antacid or antiflatulent (which relieves flatulence/gas)
- Alginates work by forming a protective barrier in stomach which blocks stomach acid from splashing up into the throat (esophagus) i.e. it inhibits reflux
- For oral administration
- Indicated for relieving heartburn, sour stomach, acid indigestion & upset stomach
- Inform doctor before using Gaviscon if you have any kidney disease, or sodium/magnesium-restricted diet.
- Inform doctor of all prescription or over the counter medications that you are using, as they may interact with Gaviscon
- Keep the Gaviscon away from the reach of children
- It comes in variety of flavors i.e. in cherry & cool mint flavor.
When Not To Use For Gaviscon Liquid
How To Use For Gaviscon Liquid
- For oral administration i.e. via the mouth only
- It comes in variety of flavors i.e. in cherry & cool mint flavor
- Its dose in children above 12 years & adults is 10 to 20ml after meals and at bedtime
- Dose in children from 6 to 12 years (only if prescribed by the doctor) is 5 to 10 ml after meals and at bedtime
- Shake the bottle well before taking each dose
- You may refrigerate the liquid but do not freeze it.
- It will work best if taken without any other fluids. However, you may take it with little water
- For storage guidelines, please read the information printed on the package.
- It can be safely taken in pregnant females and lactating mothers, however, inform doctor and then use
Why Choose For Gaviscon Liquid
Gaviscon liquid contains alginate compound in it which acts as an antacid or anti-flatulent (which relieves flatulence/gas). Alginates work by forming a protective barrier in stomach which blocks stomach acid from splashing up into the throat (esophagus) i.e. it inhibits reflux. It is indicated for bringing fast & long lasting relief from discomfort and pain of heartburn and acid indigestion. It is also used for treating gastric reflux.
Storage For Gaviscon Liquid
How To Get It For Gaviscon Liquid
What is the action of Gaviscon?
It comes in reflux suppressants which prevent the stomach acid from travelling up into the food pipe (esophagus) by forming a protective foam layer on top of stomach contents.
How soon does Gaviscon produce its effect?
Its one dose effect lasts for about 4 hours and you start feeling better as soon as you take it.
Are there any other Gaviscon like medications?
Yes, there are medications like Acidex & Peptac which work in the similar way as Gaviscon.
What other medicines are good for indigestion?
For indigestion and heartburn medicines like antacids (neutralize stomach acid), proton pump inhibitors (reduce acid amount in stomach), and histamine (H2) antagonist (reduce amount of acid in stomach) are present.
No definite data regarding pregnancy is available. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
No definite data regarding lactation is available. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Inform doctor before using Gaviscon if you have a kidney disease, or sodium/magnesium-restricted diet. Not for use in children below 6 years of age. For ensuring Gaviscon safety, before using it inform doctor or pharmacist if you’ve been advised to eat low calcium diet, heart disease, had phenylketonuria (inherited disease), or low phosphate levels in blood. • Avoid its use if you’ve ever had an allergic reaction to Gaviscon in the past • Do not take Gaviscon within 2 hours before or after using medications like anti-histamines, antibiotics like tetracyclines or quinolones, medicines for fungal infections, iron tablets, beta-blockers (taken for heart problem), steroids, penicillamine (taken for rheumatoid arthritis), anti-psychotics, and proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole & lansoprazole.
There are no reviews yet.