How To Use
- Wash your hands before applying silver sulfadiazine.
- Use your fingertips to apply a small amount of silver sulfadiazine in a thin layer, usually once daily at bedtime or as directed by the doctor.
- Consult the label directions, the Patient Information Leaflet, or your pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Use silver sulfadiazine on the skin only.
- Do not apply to the lip area or inside the nose/mouth.
- Do not apply to cut, scraped, sunburned, or eczema-affected skin.
- Avoid getting silver sulfadiazine in your eyes.
- If silver sulfadiazine gets into your eyes, flush with large amounts of water.
- Wash your hands after using silver sulfadiazine to avoid accidentally getting it in your eyes.
- Use silver sulfadiazine regularly to get the most benefit from it.
- To help remember, use silver sulfadiazine at the same time.
- Quantity is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
- Do not increase your quantity or take this product more often than directed.
- It should be applied by professionals in the burn care setting.
- Wear sterile gloves before application.
- Burned areas should be covered all the time cream.
- Thickness of the cream should be 1/16 inch.
This medicine is indicated in treatment of skin grafts on the donor site, wounds, burns, infected leg ulcers and pressure sores.
Pain, burning, itching and bluish discoloration of mucous membrane may occur. Rare but serious side effects include fever, chills, sore throat, unusual weakness, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, dark urine, mental mood, kidney and liver problems etc.
Pregnant females should consult their doctors before using this medicine
This medicine is contraindicated in lactating females.
Its use has shown a risk of drowsiness; therefore avoid using it while driving.
Consult your doctor before using Silver sulfadiazine for a better analysis if you have liver disease.
Consult your doctor before using Silver sulfadiazine for a better analysis if you have kidney disease.
The use of alcohol should be limited or avoided while using silver sulfadiazine.
Patients who are allergic to silver sulfadiazine or any of its components should consult the doctor before taking it. If taking any vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products are taken then consult the doctor before using silver sulfadiazine. If any sort of swelling is experienced, consult your doctor immediately. Using silver sulfadiazine, especially in high concentrations, might result in a severe rash.
There are no reviews yet.